CERT IV IN WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY BSB41415
- June 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
$1450 per person.
A standard course includes self-paced learning and face to face contact with the trainer at negotiated times when it suits both parties. Contact with the trainer will be face to face on the Sunshine Coast or by phone and email for remote or distance learning. Assignments need to be completed over a period of 3 months to one year.
For Face-to-Face Training, you will be required to have access to a laptop with internet access (to bring to class) installed with the latest versions of Adobe Reader and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc) or equivalent.
Online Training is available for students who wish to study online at their own pace. Qualification training resources will be made available to you online. You will also be required to interact with an appointed trainer/assessor via communication mediums such as email, web conferencing or Skype. The computer needs are the same as above.
Cost for the online course is $1200 per person
This qualification is suitable for people working in a Work Health and Safety (WHS) role who work to provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
This course is delivered in accordance with a contractor arrangement with Mountainview Training Pty Ltd (RTO#32392). The certificate will be issued by Mountainview Training Pty Ltd.
Students must have sound workplace and LLN skills. Typical tasks they will have to do would be:
- use technology to enhance outcomes, including research using the internet.
- use a range of communication skills, such as listening, questioning, reading, interpreting and writing documents.
- research information and accessing policies, frameworks and workplace specifications.
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
Elective unit to suit you.
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued a ‘Certificate IV in WHS’ with an academic transcript on units completed.
The course is conducted at the PCYC Nambour, Youth Avenue, QLD. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there are suitable industry training facilities.
If applicants can provide sufficient substantial evidence please contact the office to discuss RPL opportunities. Minimum costs starts at $900 for RPL.
Full payment for the course must be made at the time of booking.
Please bring your own laptop or internet device to be able to conduct research in the classroom. (Prior to the course check if your device is compatible with public wifi systems or even better bring your own Dongle). Students will be provided with electronic and hard copy study guides and assessments to assist learning. Minimum student numbers exsist for this course.